Re: Re: Ask for help on SPI slave side driver support

On Sat, Oct 05, 2013 at 12:25:10AM +0800, YouShenghui wrote:
> At 2013-09-30 17:33:17,"Mark Brown" <broonie@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote: >On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 01:20:42AM +0200, Tomasz Figa wrote: > >> Mark will probably know better, but AFAIK there is no API for slave mode  >> SPI available in Linux kernel. Please correct me if I'm wrong. > >That's correct. > >> The code mentioned in the post from your link was some internal vendor  >> code, which is unlikely to be available publicly. However support for  >> slave mode from hardware side seems more or less similar to master mode,  >> which means that assuming you can add some kernel API for it, the  >> modification to the spi-s3c64xx wouldn't be too big. > >There were some people working on slave mode (or at least talking about >it) but I don't think they ever sent it.  It'd probably just be the same >as master mode but with transfers triggered from /CS instead of from >driver action.  The biggest trick would be making sure the transfer is >running before the master actually starts sending data

The formatting of your mail is really bad, I can barely read it.  Please
check the configuration of your mail program, there are some suggstions
for common clients in Documentation/email-clients.txt.

> Thanks for Mark for your answer.
> But how could I trigger from /CS? Could I enable transfer in open syscall?

I'd expect this to be done in-kernel, at least in the first instance.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux SoC Development]     [Linux Rockchip Development]     [Linux USB Development]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Linux SCSI]     [Yosemite News]