Re: Questions to CI Testing the RT-Kernel

On 08/11/2021 10:28, Gylstorff Quirin wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> we are currently looking to setup a test lab based on LAVA[1] for CI-testing the
> RT-Kernel.
>
> Kernelci executes the combination cyclictest with hackbench in the background[2].
>
> Our questions are:
>
> From what I found the RT-Project also uses the combination of cyclictest with
> hackbench for testing or are there currently any other tests specifically for
> real-time executed?
>
> Are there recommended tests that should be added to the CI testing of a RT-Kernel?
>
> [1]: https://docs.lavasoftware.org/lava/index.html
> [2]:
> https://github.com/kernelci/kernelci-core/blob/main/config/lava/preempt-rt/preempt-rt.jinja2

Probably worthwhile contacting the KernelCI project
(https://foundation.kernelci.org/) who I see are quite active (I shadow the IRC
channel as I know two members personally).

I believe they have a central 'dashboard' where you can submit your test results,
which may prove valuable to other users (either via KCIDB or other methods, see below).

https://foundation.kernelci.org/blog/2020/11/05/notes-from-oss-elc-europe-2020/ is
quite an interesting article on the roadmap of the project.