Re: PREEMPT_RT and i915

Update, after more tests:
- With all the "*DEBUG*" entries disabled in .config, "nohz=off" in
the kernel command line and the i915 driver disabled in .config, I
consistently get a worst-case latency below 40us (this is the order of
magnitude I was expecting). Good
- With everything as in the above configuration, but enabling the i915
driver in .config, I get a worst case latency of about 80us. Applying
Sebastian's patch does not seem to affect the latency. I also disabled
the various tracing options in .config, but the maximum latency is
still around 80us.

The latencies mentioned above have been measured with
  cyclictest -n -p 80 -i 50 -t 1 -m -a
while running "du -h /" and a "make -j 2" of the kernel in background.

So, the numbers I get now are much better, but the i915 driver still
seems to create some real-time issues.

Luca