Re: WAS: linux-rt fails to boot on > 3.12.5.-rt7 ... NOW IS: linux-rt-3.14 boots by reverting patches + nvidia uses __rt_mutex_init [which in 3.14 has been changed to EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL]

On 14-04-19 10:42 AM, jordan wrote:
> Hey Paul,
>
>> I've got some AMD kit that has just been freed up from winter
>> heating duty - sometime later this week I should be able to try to
>> reproduce what you have seen, and knowing it works w/o the above
>> softirq patch monkeying around should be a good lead on this.
>
> That would be awesome! IIRC, Sebastian said that he didn't have said
> h/w CPU kicking around to test with, at some point in my original
> thread on this subject... and i just don't have the skill set required

So I stuck the -rt patches onto 3.14.1 last night;  made a defconfig
and then enabled RT_FULL in the resulting .config and that booted
right up on a 1090T six core phenom, which kind of surprised me.

I should be able to dig up an athlon quad and see what it does...

Paul.