Re: EXTERNAL: Re: "yum install ...." based instruction on building a RT kernel.

Bernardo Barros wrote:
Maybe this helps:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/CustomKernel

Thanks to everyone for their replies. I have indeed build RT kernel many many times before, and it is not very difficult, but I tend to not really spend a lot of time removing modules I don't need etc as I don't need to worry about disk footprint etc.

I was hoping for something even quicker, but yes the basic steps are not that hard.

As for the link above, I must say it gives steps that seem 5-10x more complicated (more keyboard stokes, etc) than even the direct, manual method, so this semes like to win.... Can't believe this is the official procedure from fedoraproject.

Gautam