Re: rt file i/o

Clark Williams <williams@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 11/04/2009 03:44:13 PM:
> No, we need to get that fixed in the wiki. It may have been the case
> that the entire process was frozen while a fault was being handled, but
> I don't believe that is the case now. If you're in a thread on core0
> and a sibling thread on core1 faults, you shouldn't be impacted unless
> you're trying to reference the same memory.
>
> Clark

I had seen this myself in the wiki and have been telling many people about
it.  I finally tested this a couple of months ago and found out it was not
true.  I tried having a thread malloc and touch memory, write to the disk,
and read from the disk.  No matter what I did, I couldn't affect a second
thread.

I have read briefly on some of the differences with the current and
previous user model.  I don't know all the facts, but I believe that it
used to be a user library.  At that time, I'm sure that a page fault would
effect every thread.

Shane