Re: rt file i/o

>    I'm not a developer and cannot really address your specific
> question but for my use of the rt-kernel I put important rt-audio
> files on a 1394 drive and give the 1394 driver higher priorities using
> the IRQ scheduling tools. I don't have any trouble running 2 or 3 1394
> drives recording and playing back 48 channels in Ardour.
>
>    While I agree you should do everything the right way technically in
> the code maybe part of your solution is outside of the app you are
> writing and in the use of these support tools?

well, if i understand the rt howto correctly, _no_ disc access is
allowed, neither from rt nor from non-rt threads, since it may produce
page faults, which introduce latencies ...
according to this definition, ardour is not an rt-safe application ...
as for rt-safety, i prefer analyzing the latency hotspots instead of
relying on test results

tim

--
tim@xxxxxxxxxx
http://tim.klingt.org

Avoid the world, it's just a lot of dust and drag and means nothing in
the end.
  Jack Kerouac