Re: Re: Re: Ethernet communication from real time thread

Hi Sujit,

now I got your point!
I think I did not tell it clearly:
I want to replace a running Xenomai/RTNET approach by completely
using the RT_PREEMPT patch. I do not want to do any mix of Xenomai and RT_PREEMPT.
The target is to have a RT_PREEMPT only system that performs similar to the Xenomai/rtnet
approach.

Sorry for any confusion here...

Thus, the concrete question (in short) is:
- Which (user/kernel) threads (prio, affinity) are relevant for using Ethernet (UDP/IP) communication
with the RT_PREEMPT patch.

> I think you have a point it certainly needs to be checked whether
> the RT_PREEMPT patch behaves with an package like Xenomai.
> My initial reaction is just that in the case of Xenomai, it just applies
> an Hard Real time constraint on the RT_PREEMPT patch.
>
> But it is certainly much better to investigate what happens when we
> have an Xenomai like RT System behave otherwise. Does it change
> the RT_PREEMPT patch.

Regards

Mathias

--
Mathias Koehrer
mathias_koehrer@xxxxxxxx

Arcor.de Gaming Area - kostenfrei daddeln bis der Arzt kommt!
Jetzt checken und aus über 80 Spielen wählen!
http://www.arcor.de/footer-gaming/