Fedora 10 as basis for RT?

Hi,

I am working on a proof of concept project where we are going to try moving an
application that runs on VxWorks to Linux. I believe with what I've read on this
mailing list, and the RTwiki site that Linux is definitely up to the task with
these kernel patches.

However, I am not really sure which distribution of Linux we should use as the
base, nor am I sure if it would be better to stick with the 'i386' distribution
or go with the x86_64 variant.

I am considering Fedora 10, either i386 or x86_64.

Does anyone have any comments or recommendations for which might be better to
use, or if we would be better off using another distribution?

Thanks!
- Al Dorrington