Re: RK3399 display flickering after kexec

On Friday, December 20, 2019 10:08:33 AM CET, Enric Balletbo i Serra wrote:
Hi Vicenç,

On 12/12/19 23:04, Vicente Bergas wrote:
Hi Enric, Douglas, Sean,
there is an issue on RK3399-based platforms with display flickering.
I have searched mailing list and found you have mentioned or were
involved in related issues, so, you may be able to help.

The issue has been observed on the Sapphire board and on google kevin, ...

To be honest, I don't have idea, looks like some clock configuration issue? Did you check the clock after and before? I might be interested to look a bit more
into the issue if this is reproducible using the coreboot bootloader. Do you
know if this happens with stock bootloader?

Hi Enric,
thanks for replying.

I never tested kexec with the stock bootloader.

Coreboot from branch firmware-gru-8785.B at
https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromiumos/third_party/coreboot
which is (if i am not wrong) the version that matches the stock bootloader,
did not boot, display off all the time from power on. This was tested long
time ago and i did not insist much.

The bootloader i am currently using configures power supplies, clocks and
dram based off firmware-gru-8785.B
Are all kevin-specific changes to coreboot upstreamed? Should i use
upstream coreboot as reference?

Anyways, i think that the early bootloader stage is not the cause because
the issue does not show up in linux before kexec. My idea is that the first
linux, while kexec'ing shuts down something it shouldn't, like a clock, and
the the second linux after kexec has the issue becase it can't reinitizlize
it.
So, when you say "Did you check the clock after and before?", how do i
check it? which clock?

I think the misbehaving block here is the VOP, maybe because of a
misconfigured clock as you say, but i am lost here because there is no
documentation about it. The TRM available on the Internet does not
mention (or just briefly) a lot of blocks potentially related to this issue
like VOP or GPU.

Thanks,
 Vicenç.

Thanks,