Re: SQ overflow seen running isert traffic with high block sizes

From: Nicholas A. Bellinger <nab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2018 11:58 AM

> Hi Shiraz, Michal & Co,
Hi Nicholas,

> Thanks for the feedback.  Comments below.

> A couple of thoughts.

> First, would it be helpful to limit maximum payload size per I/O for
> consumers based on number of iser-target sq hw sges..?

I don't think you need to limit the maximum payload, but instead
initialize the max_wr to be based on the number of supported SGEs
Instead of what is there today:
#define ISERT_QP_MAX_REQ_DTOS   (ISCSI_DEF_XMIT_CMDS_MAX +    \
                                ISERT_MAX_TX_MISC_PDUS  + \
                                ISERT_MAX_RX_MISC_PDUS)
Add the maximum number of WQEs per command,
The calculation of number of WQEs per command needs to be something like
"MAX_TRANSFER_SIZE/(numSges*PAGE_SIZE)".

For some devices like ours, breaking the IO into multiple WRs according to supported
number of SGEs doesn't necessarily means performance penalty.

thanks,
Michal