Re: rdma-core stable releases

On Sat, Nov 11, 2017 at 09:46:25AM +0200, Leon Romanovsky wrote:

> I'm not sure about it.
> For example LTS trees are created primarily for Android [1].
>
> Various distros take new kernel every year or two, so it limits number of stable branches.
> In our case, MOFED has 6-months cycle. I don't know anything about OFED cycles.

In this case the LTS kernel process is attempting to generate
consensus downstream on what kernel version to use.. I'm not sure we
should care so much about that for RDMA.

It is best for eveyone that each downstream disto take the latest
rdma-core available when they are starting their release process and
not try and stick to some older and less featured LTS version.

Jason