rdma-core stable releases

Hi,

Following EWG weekly meeting, I'd like to open a discussion regarding the necessity of maintaining a
stable rdma-core branch similar to the linux kernel stable branches. I understood there were some
offline discussions on the topic and would like to raise it on the list and try to push forward.

We found a critical qedr bug during OFA debug event testing. We provided a patch which
was applied (e768239 libqedr: fix inline data copy). However, we remain with rdma-core-15 broken
for qedr.

We feel for this case, and perhaps other similar issues in the future, it will be useful and critical for distros,
OFED, and independent package-installation to have a stable release for each rdma-core release.

I'd like to here if anyone has any objects / concerns on the matter in general, and if there is a
consensus about the need and whether this is something the rdma-core maintainers would be willing
to provide.

Thanks,
Michal