Re: rdma-core stable releases

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 10:24:55PM +0200, Leon Romanovsky wrote:
> More or less, you wrote everything that I expected, just need to post it
> as a patch so I can apply it to rdma-core.

Also please describe how to get patches into -stable, eg similar to
the kernel, mark with fixes and cc the stable maintainer.

There should also be absolutely no ABI changes in the -stable branchs.

> The thing which is important to me is how long that stable will be
> maintained and how often they will be opened, I don't want to see 12
> stable branches after 3 years of running rdma-core. It releases
> every 2-3 months, so theoretically we can find ourselves creating
> stable branches after every release (4 per year).

Should be up to the people doing this, IMHO.

Ultimately I think people will settle on a couple of revisions that
ended up being used in distros, OFED, MOFED, etc.

Jason