RE: rdma-core stable releases

> > Previous discussions on this topic concluded that if someone wishes to
> > maintain a stable branch scheme then we'd make space for that (eg a
> > github branch or whatever).
> >
> > I don't think the existing maintainers are interested in directly
> > working on this project, so there is room for a new volunteer!
>
> The offline discussion was with Vlad.
> This is the quote of my latest response to him:
>
> "There is a need to post request to the mailing list with description of why do
> you need it and the volunteer name to manage it.
>
> It should come with file in Documentation with explanation how such stable
> branches are managed, for how long, if releases are going to be done and
> then, ..."

We certainly see the value in a stable branch for rdma-core, especially with
the various distro's on different release cadences. I may have a resource
that can help create and maintain this stable branch. Working on the why,
who, and how document. In the meantime, if anyone else wants to step
up that is also fine.

-arlin