Re: [rdma-next 01/33] Revert "IB/core: Add flow control to the portmapper netlink calls"

On Tue, Aug 01, 2017 at 09:22:47AM -0500, Christopher Lameter wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Aug 2017, Chien Tin Tung wrote:
>
> > Why do I need to explain the original patch?  It was accepted many kernels
> > ago.  Your questions on the original were based on false assumptions and
> > facts which I've proven over and over.  You are right in that I do
> > not want to revisit those either.  There is a patch that can solve
> > the problem you are facing but yet you insist on the revert.  This is
> > very puzzling to me.  You simply refuse to move this forward.  That
> > is your choice but revert is a no go for me.
>
> Ok this is pretty confusing to someone not involved in the prior
> discussions. Could both of your stop attacking each other and start
> talking about the technical issues?

There's been multiple threads over this revert.  This one is the
latest Leon walked away from: https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9814367/

I'm simply asking for proof/evidence/facts to back up Leon's claims.
Show me the code/stack trace/whatever and I will be happy to admit wrong
publicly on the list and move on.  I do have better things to do than
to NACK a revert.

Chien