Re: [rdma-next 01/33] Revert "IB/core: Add flow control to the portmapper netlink calls"

On Tue, Aug 01, 2017 at 08:38:32AM -0500, Chien Tin Tung wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 01, 2017 at 03:05:04PM +0300, Leon Romanovsky wrote:
> > From: Leon Romanovsky <leonro@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >
> > The commit cea05eadded0 ("IB/core: Add flow control to the portmapper netlink calls")
> > changed netlink to be blocked for all RDMA clients. This workaround
> > worked perfectly for portmapper, but is not correct for the whole
> > NETLINK_RDMA family.
>
> Leon,
>
> I've already told you I'm opposed to the revert.  There is a patch that will work
> with your usage of ibnl_unicast() but you chose to abandon that discussion on June 29, 2017
> (RDMA/core: Add wait/retry version of ibnl_unicast).  Either you step up with good sound
> technical evidence to convince me that patch won't work for you or you stop trying to
> break existing functionality with this revert.

Chien,

You never explained us what exactly your original patch fixed and why it
should be fixed in kernel and not in user space. I saw that our
discussion wasn't useful and brought bad blood instead of good will,
so I stepped out in waited for RDMA maintainer (Doug) step in.

I never heard anything from Doug on the matter, so proceeded and
resubmitted it.

Thanks