Re: [RFC] libibverbs IB device hotplug support

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 2:10 AM, ira.weiny <ira.weiny@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 06:08:41PM +0200, Alex Rosenbaum wrote:
>> Introduction

> After the call
>
> Ira

Ira,
On the call we discussed that today there is no 'incarnation' value
exposed for the uverbs%.
You suggested an optimization by using the cdev's file creation
timestamp as option for libibverbs to understand that the driver did
or did-not restart since mapping of that ibv_device.
Main pitfalls with this is if system time is being modified (admin or
ntp/ptp). In the rare case that we have a hoplug event and time is
rewinded we can accidentally reach a very hard debugging exercise.
What do you think?
Alex