Re: rdma-core release?

On 10/12/2016 1:37 PM, Leon Romanovsky wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 10:47:59AM -0600, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
>>>
>>> Yeah, I'd much prefer to release early, release often.  If people
>>> don't feel quite comfortable with the new bundle yet we can officially
>>> call it a pre-release.
>>
>> One of the best ways to get it tested is to get it to go through the
>> full OFED process.
>
> No problem, I'll grab all remaining patches from ML tomorrow and we will
> be ready for first release.

I wouldn't mind a pre-release, but I know for a fact that Jarod is
working on proper distro specific spec file(s), systemd units, etc.  So,
I wouldn't call it a release because until we sort out the specifics of
how we want the package to build/look/etc., it might change.  It would
be bad from for release 1 to have things packaged one way, and release 2
to totally revamp that.  We need to give Jarod time to sort through what
he's working on and post it to the list.

--
Doug Ledford <dledford@xxxxxxxxxx>
    GPG Key ID: 0E572FDD