Re: rdma-core release?

On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 09:31:49AM -0700, 'Christoph Hellwig' wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 09:43:08AM -0500, Steve Wise wrote:
> > I recommend we release something for OFED-4.8 to pull in.  That
> > might help flush out the release process earlier rather than
> > later.  Either way, though, I want the latest libcxgb4 in OFED-4.8
> > to support the new chelsio HW.  But we talked about the repo being
> > "always stable", so I guess the OFA could just pull the code and
> > use it?  Still would be nice to have it released...
>
> Yeah, I'd much prefer to release early, release often.  If people
> don't feel quite comfortable with the new bundle yet we can officially
> call it a pre-release.

One of the best ways to get it tested is to get it to go through the
full OFED process.

Woody, what could we do to help make that happen? Do you know of any
blocker?

I think this will be the best for everyone. I also predict that OFED
will be under pressure to quickly take up the new drivers that will
land in 4.9, and their user space will live in rdma-core.

I also propose we give someone from the OFED team repo access and they
can maintain a public branch for ofed-4.8 with any backported fixes.

Jason