Re: [ANNOUNCE] Open Fabrics Verbs Working Group (OFVWG) meeting tomorrow - 9/13/2016 at 11:00PDT

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 01:32:38PM +0300, Leon Romanovsky wrote:
> > I think we're fine now.  The non-verbs HFSI interfaces aren't really a
> > fit for our inifiband/rdma (it should really be called ibverbs I guess)
> > interface.
>
> Out of curiosity, can you point me to the discussions where you
> expressed your objections while hfi1 was added to drivers/inifiniband?

No idea what you mean.  I'm fine with HFI living in drivers/infiniband,
although other places for it might not be wrong either.

I'm not fine with HFI exposing the non-verbs interfaces through
drivers/infiniband/core interface, which as far as I can tell it
currently does not even do, although some discussions here suggest
that a future interface should cater to those interface.

The real mistake was adding usnic, which has not business in
drivers/infiniband/ at all.