Re: [RFC ABI V2 5/8] RDMA/core: Add new ioctl interface

On Wed, 27 Jul 2016, Parav Pandit wrote:

> I recall this functionality is being called as SDP (Socket Direct
> Protocol) in Annex-4 of IB spec. 1.3 which used be present in older
> 2.6.x kernel as well as an ULP.
> Vaguely recall it as non zcopy implementation.

It does not need to be zcopy if the functionality is only there for
administrative purposes and for other things where we are just too lazy to
get the whole QP stuff fully operational from user space and just fall
back to the old sockets paradigm where the QP stuff is done by th kernel
for us to give us a standard socket API. Diagnostics and configuration
would be using the standard tools and the established
infrastructure. F.e. ethtool would work without IPoIB using the native IB
addressing.