RE: [RFC ABI 0/8] Netlink-based IOCTLs RDMA ABI

> If I understand your proposal correctly, the proposed IOCTL framework will be
> able to handle all types of objects without any limitations in order and locking,
> everything is going to be processed by the driver, which will decide if
> such object/method is supported or not.

For the core ioctl framework - yes.

An ioctl can be dispatched to some other common handling, which can validate object ordering and type.

> What will stop the GPU with DRMs to use it?

It would have to hook into the same file.  But if it's generic enough, nothing would prevent other subsystems (e.g. Xeon Phi or NVM) from re-using the code.  I don't see this as a negative.

- Sean