Re: Control pppd behaviour

Thanks James.

Here is the current options file for our pppd.
plugin pppoe.so eth1
nodetach
nodefaultroute
persist
maxfail 0
noauth
user ashmat
nopcomp
lcp-max-failure 5
lcp-max-configure 10
lcp-max-terminate 2
lcp-restart 3
lcp-echo-failure 3
lcp-echo-interval 10
mru 1492
usepeerdns
linkname 2
unit 2

I do see the nodetach option. I have to understand this from my
colleagues why its not running as daemon.

So I think setting maxfail to 1 should do the trick i.e, pppd should
exit immediately after a failed connection attempt. Will pppd exit if
lcp echo timesout as well ?