Re: Control pppd behaviour

Thanks James.
>From man page:
updetach
    With this option, pppd will detach from its controlling terminal
once it has successfully established the ppp connection (to the point
where the first network control protocol, usually the IP control
protocol, has come up).

How about if chap authentication fails ? then updetach won't work.
what is controlling terminal here ?