Re: Control pppd behaviour

Thanks James for long explanation.

Let me explain. I am actually looking for a different retry mechanism
for failures. My retry interval would vary depending on the number of
retries. To given an example:
nth retry is to be attempted at (n - 1)3 x 10 secs after previous attempt

So the retry interval is not constant but derived from a formula.

Are such things possible without modifying the code ?

thanks.