Re: Control pppd behaviour

Thanks James.

I do understand the daemon part. We do run the pppd as daemon that is
in the background, we don't run from terminal but an application runs
this. And able to catch exit codes as well !
But pppd doesn't exit if say authetication fails, instead it will retry.

I did have a look at maxfail:
maxfail n
    Terminate after n consecutive failed connection attempts. A value
of 0 means no limit. The default value is 10.

I wanted to have 0 retries. Is there a way ?