[linux-pm] So, what's the status on the recent patches here?

| From: Pavel Machek<pavel at ucw.cz>
| > My question is whether there are aspects of suspending, other than
| > latency, that the policy manager would need to consider in deciding
| > whether to suspend or not.
| >
| > Look at it this way. In one scheme the policy manager code is:
| >
| >    new_OP = select_transition(current_OP, decision_factors);
| >    set_OP(new_OP);
|
| No, it would be
|
|     new_OP = select_transition(current_OP, decision_factors);
| if (new_OP == SUSPEND) {
| 	setup wakeup events ...
| }
|     set_OP(new_OP);
---

Sorry; in our implementation, the devices are responsible for
configuring the wakeup events, either globally or in their suspend
routines, so it would look like my example code.  However, I would have
expected the setup of wakeup events to happen in the kernel's set_OP
implementation, rather than in the policy manager, anyway.

Again, this model puts the decision to change in user space and the
implementation of the decision in the kernel.

scott
--
scott preece
motorola mobile devices, il67, 1800 s. oak st., champaign, il  61820