[linux-pm] Ottawa

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> I totally agree. I think we badly need a PM workshop of some sort,
> either before or after KS/OLS, if possible at the same place, with a
> least a couple of days so we have time to 1) expose all the issues, 2)
> get over the usual misunderstanding, 3) agree on a set of solutions.

I totally agree. So, how do we do it?

Doing it before KS would be the best, IMO. How long do we want, 1 day? 2
days? If we take 1 day, we could do it on Sunday, which would require
everyone show up by Saturday (earlier for more recovery time). That would
give us a good 6-14 hours of talk time, with plenty of breaks for food,
beer, sanity, etc.

The other thing we need is a venue. Unless we magically got some sort of
sponsorship, and someone stepped forward to organize a location, we need
something for free. What I suggest is that someone get a 'Business Suite'
at Les Suites and we have it there.

I had one of those rooms 2 years ago, and it included a kitchen, dining
room w/ table/living room w/ couch, an office attached to that. The
bedroom was separate. It was larger than some apartments I've lived in. It
could comfortably seat at least 6-8 people, and we'd have lots of room for
laptops, etc.

On that note, no matter where we have it, I'd like to limit it to 6-8
people, with at most maybe 10. I don't wish to exclude anyone, but I think
that smaller groups can remain more focused. Plus, there's all those
sociological studies that say 6-7 people is the optimal size for a
discussion group. :)

	Pat