[linux-pm] Preparation for a talk on 2.6 power management.

Hi!

> Is flash on a CE device appear as a disk so that we'd use STD, or does
> it appear as RAM?

Compact flash cards have IDE interface, most other flashes are just
something completely special. Not RAM and not disk, either.

> I think we're now in the "debug STR into existence" mode --
> sort of like we were debugging ACPI interrupt configuration
> into existence a year ago.  "existence" = something you
> can actually deploy and support.

There's a problem that we tell users that its unsupported and that
means hw vendors do not even try. I tried to force HP to debug their
BIOS, and they kept telling me "linux does not support STR".

Anyway, do you see any solution for "how to init video" for STR? I do
not see how we can move forward without graphics vendors helping us...

							Pavel