Re: Drop Kconfig option PCIEASPM?

On 10/26/2019 3:12 AM, Heiner Kallweit wrote:
I wonder whether anybody actually wants to disable ASPM support.
In an old Kconfig commit message is mentioned that it may help
to reduce kernel size of embedded systems. However I would
think that on embedded systems ASPM is quite useful as it
saves significant power and may result in a lower system
temperature therefore.
W/o ASPM support we have to live with devices coming up
in whatever mode boot loader or firmware configure.

Heiner

It means that we can still have an option to specify one of
PCIEASPM_DEFAULT/PERFORMANCE/POWERSAVE/POWER_SUPERSAVE configs right?

Vidya Sagar