Re: PCI: hotplug: Erroneous removal of hotplug PCI devices

On 1/23/2019 1:02 PM, Lukas Wunner wrote:

<snip>

> Well, usually it's desirable to bring up the slot as quickly as possible,
> so once we get any kind of link or presence event, we immediately try to
> bring up the slot.
>
> We do allow a 20 + 100 ms delay in pcie_wait_for_link() between link up
> and presence detect up, just not 400 ms.

Is the hot-inserted device's config space accessed immediately after
waiting this 20 + 100 ms delay?  Per PCIe spec, in Gen 3 mode, software
should wait at least (1s - CTO value) after Data Link Layer Link Active
before accessing config space. The exception is if OS enables CRS
Software Visibility in which case config space can be accessed 100 ms
after Data Link Layer Link Active.  Is CRS Software Visibility being used?

Cheers,
Austin