Re: IOAT DMA w/IOMMU

On 16/08/18 11:16 AM, Kit Chow wrote:
> I only have access to intel hosts for testing (and possibly an AMD
> host currently collecting dust) and am not sure how to go about getting
> the proper test coverage for other architectures.

Well, I thought you were only changing the Intel IOMMU implementation...
So testing on Intel hardware seems fine to me.

> Any suggestions? Do you anticipate any issues with dma mapping the pci bar
> address in ntb_async_tx_submit on non-x86 archs?  Do you or know of folks
> who have ntb test setups with non-x86 hosts who might be able to help?

I expect other IOMMUs will need to be updated to properly support
dma_map_resource but that will probably need to be done on a case by
case basis as the need arises. Unfortunately it seems the work to add
dma_map_resource() didn't really consider that the IOMMUs had to have
proper support and probably should have errored out instead of just
passing along the physical address if the IOMMU didn't have support.

I don't know of anyone with an NTB setup on anything but x86 at the moment.

Logan