Re: IOAT DMA w/IOMMU

On 10/08/18 10:02 AM, Kit Chow wrote:
> Turns out there is no dma_map_resource routine on x86. get_dma_ops
> returns intel_dma_ops which has map_resource pointing to NULL.

Oh, yup. I wasn't aware of that. From a cursory view, it looks like it
shouldn't be too hard to implement though.

> Will poke around some in the intel_map_page code but can you actually
> get a valid struct page for a pci bar address (dma_map_single calls
> virt_to_page)?  If not, does a map_resource routine that can properly
> map a pci bar address need to be implemented?

Yes, you can not get a struct page for a PCI bar address unless it's
mapped with ZONE_DEVICE like in my p2p work. So that would explain why
dma_map_single() didn't work.

This all implies that ntb_transport doesn't work with DMA and the IOMMU
turned on. I'm not sure I've ever tried that configuration myself but it
is a bit surprising.

Logan