Re: Help Updating Device Drivers

On 2018-03-14 16:28, Brian McGrew wrote:
Hello...

Would this be the correct list to seek help in updating an old device
driver?  I have a vendor provided device driver for a piece of PCIe
hardware that compiles and runs in kernel-3.14 but is outdated for the
newer kernel-4.1X series.  I’m not a kernel developer and haven’t done
any real kernel work since the 2.4/2.6 days and am totally lost while
undressing pressure to make it work ASAP.  Can I post code excepts and
get help here, or is there a better mailing list?

Google is your friend. Search for each compilation failure in mailing lists.

There are too many changes. You will have to deal with each one.

Thanks in advance,

-brian