Re: [Linaro-acpi] ACPI namespace details for ARM64

On 11/11/2016 05:32 PM, Lorenzo Pieralisi wrote:
On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 04:18:54PM -0700, Al Stone wrote:
On 11/09/2016 03:05 PM, Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
Hi all,

We've been working through the details of getting ACPI to work on
arm64, and there have been lots of questions about what this means for
PCI.  I've outlined this for several people individually, but I'm
going to send this separately, apart from a specific patch series, to
make sure we're all on the same page.  Please correct my errors and
misunderstandings.

Bjorn

[snip....]

A big +1 to all of this.  This also looks like something that should
be added to either PCI, ACPI or arm64 documentation (or even all three).

And to arm64 platforms FW :)

What do you think?

I do not think there is anything ARM64 specific in Bjorn's description,
but I do think it is very useful to have it in documentation, these
bits of information are scattered around ACPI specs and PCI FW specs,
having a single source would help and would have prevented asking
Bjorn the same questions 100 times.

Thank you for putting this together, Bjorn.

+1, Thank you very much for this nice summary Bjorn.

+1, thanks a lot :)

Hanjun