Re: ECRC and Max Read Request Size

On 11/6/2015 7:11 PM, Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
That should definitely be fixed.  Do we enable ECRC unconditionally,
or only when we boot with "pci=ecrc=on"?  The doc
(Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt) suggests the latter.

It would be ideal if we could try to turn on ECRC all the time by
default for paths that support it.  I suppose there's some risk that
we'd trip over broken hardware.  If that's an issue, we could consider
turning it on all the time on machines newer than X (that's easy on
x86, where we have a DMI BIOS date, but maybe not so easy on other
arches).

ecrc=on kernel option works like "force on" rather than just a simple on.

I agree we should enable it by default.

--
Sinan Kaya
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. on behalf of Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.