Re: pci->pcie bridge issue: kernel unable to find a free I/O port range.

On 30.01.2014 22:56, Yinghai Lu wrote:
On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 9:31 PM, `VL <vl.homutov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 15.01.2014 22:09, `VL wrote:
On 15.01.2014 13:10, `VL wrote:
looks like the your adapter need more time to settle down?
Can you check if you can enable slow boot mode in BIOS setup?
yes, probably. I'll try to repeat steps with disabled fast boot.
no, this is not the case. I've disabled all fast boot in BIOS and nothing
changed in logs.

so this is the best of what we have:
http://inspert.ru/pci/dmesg-earlydump.txt

I was also able to reproduce the issue without pci=realloc. I have
disabled
all builtin devices on motherboard (unused controllers, NICs and audio).
Looks like in this conditions kernel was able to allocate some resource
and hang during snd_ice1712 driver load.

Attached is the photo of boot with this situation.
Unfortunately, since NICs are disabled and there is no serial onboard,
I cannot provide full log.

up: any concluision/suggestions?
I don't know why the io bar of 07:00.0 can not be updated.
also it's weird that 07:0.0 is not showing up in earlydump.

anyway please try attached patch to see if it could make any difference.

Thanks

Yinghai
thank you, I'll try the patch and report results.