Re: One chart on pci bridge and its bus and their children

On Tue, Jun 05, 2012 at 11:26:27AM +0800, Richard Yang wrote:

> All,
>
> I draw a chart on the relationship of bridge/bus/devics.
>
> I am not sure it is exact, so please correct me if it is not correct.

A clearer representation can be found at http://tldp.org/LDP/tlk/dd/pci.html
in section 6.6.1

> BTW, the pci_bus->self, pci_bus->bridge seem to point the same thing.
> So this is really necessary to do this?

pci_bus->self points to the pci_dev structure, and pci_bus->bridge
points to the device structure. Both correspond to the same bridge. BTW: device
structure is the basic structure to represent any device in the system,
not necessarily pci device.