Re: Does my understanding correct?

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 08:17:48AM -0600, Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
>On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 3:27 AM, Richard Yang
><weiyang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>I assume your question relates to the Stratus ftServer topology.  If
>so, the lspci details might clarify things.

Yes, my picture is a little bit related to your previous mail.
While my intention is to find out how the physical world is represented
in the kernel.

Below is a typical topology in PCIe spec r3.0.

                          +------------------+
                          |                  |
                          |      RC          |
                          |       Bus#0      |
                          | -------------    |
                          |                  |
                          +-+-----+--------+-+
         00:0.0             |     |        |        00:02.0
 +---------+---------+      |     |        |       +------------+-------------+
 |                   +------+     |        +-------|  PCIe 2 PCI Bridge       |
 |   PCIe Endpoint   |            |                |                          |
 +-------------------+            |                |  Bus#2                   |
                                  |                |  --------------          |
                                  |                +-------+---------------+--+
                                  |                        |            |
                                  |  00:01.0               |02:00.0     |02:01.0
                     +------------+-------------+  +-------+------+ +---+-------+
                     |                          |  |PCI dev       | |PCI dev    |
                     |       Switch             |  |              | |           |
                     |       Bus#1              |  |              | |           |
                     |     ---------------      |  +--------------+ +-----------+
                     |                          |
                     +------------------------+-+
                        |                       |
                        |                       |
                        | 01:00.0               | 01:01.0
              +---------+-------+      +--------+----------------+
              | PCI Endpoint    |      |  PCIe Endpoint          |

Do you think the current assignment of bus number and pci_dev is
correct?

--
Richard Yang
Help you, Help me