mptsas/iommu/pciehp : PCIe hotplug of LSISAS1064E fails with intel_iommu=on

Hi.

An issue has been raised with the SAS1064E when used on an Intel 5520 platform: pcie hot-plug of the controller does not work.

Since I can't access the archive for 'DL-MPTFusionLinux@xxxxxxx' and since I didn't receive a reply from MPTFusion list yet, I'm posting the thread here. It seems to be the right place to discuss MPT fusion driver anyways.

It appears that the MPT driver misbehaves; I'd like to know if there are any success stories when mixing VT-d technology with PCIe hot plug on a similar platform.

Instead of duplicating the whole thread I'm sending these links to the original posts.

http://marc.info/?l=linux-pci&m=125252723005873&w=2 [original post]
http://marc.info/?l=linux-pci&m=125268717610600&w=2 [reply]
http://marc.info/?l=linux-pci&m=125268984516738&w=2 [follow up post]

I'm also reposting to IOMMU list with a new 'topic' line that might be more meaningful.

Thank you.

François Isabelle | Software Designer | Kontron Canada | T 450 437 5682 |F 450 437 8053 | E francois.isabelle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx