Re: HP FireGL-UX on C3700 - Framebuffer loses signal.

On 09/22/2018 07:09 AM, John David Anglin wrote:
The frame buffer console on my C3750 with VisEG does come up.  There is a several second time gap between
the blanking of the screen and the display starting to show boot output.

The penguin that used to appear doesn't appear.  At one time X worked, but I don't think it does now.

I note you are using a custom kernel.  Possibly, this is a kernel config issue.  Suggest trying Debian kernel.

The dmesg output might show the problem since the kernel doesn't crash.

Dave

Tried with a Debian kernel (4.18.0-1-parisc64-smp), and the result was the same.   Tried the VisEG card with all other PCI cards removed, and tried in different slots, and the fault was still there.   May be a hardware issue, if this card is supposed to work..

lspci..
01:05.0 Display controller: Hewlett-Packard Company A4977A Visualize EG (rev ff) (prog-if ff)
        !!! Unknown header type 7f

If X doesn't work any more with this card, I might as well stay with the original HP FX2 card, which works OK in console/text mode..

Very frustrating, as the FireGL-UX card _almost_ works (and userland Xorg log appears to show correct initialization), apart from the blank display due to 'lost signal'..

RG.