Re: HP FireGL-UX on C3700 - Framebuffer loses signal.

On 2018-09-22 3:58 AM, Helge Deller wrote:
On 22.09.2018 03:16, Robert Gadsdon wrote:
On 09/21/2018 06:44 AM, Helge Deller wrote:
There hasn't been any successes with FireGL cards on hppa yet. Reason unknown.
Did your machine crashed, or did just the screen git blanked (and it's still possible to ping/log in)?
Anyway, I don't think someone can help with this issue currently.

Helge
The system continues to run as normal, but the monitor just goes blank, with a 'no signal' message showing.
I've also tried an older HP Visualize EG/PCI card, but this causes the Linux PCI config to fail (same result, in different slots..).
Strange. A VisEG PCI card should work.
The frame buffer console on my C3750 with VisEG does come up.  There is a several second time gap between
the blanking of the screen and the display starting to show boot output.

The penguin that used to appear doesn't appear.  At one time X worked, but I don't think it does now.

I note you are using a custom kernel.  Possibly, this is a kernel config issue.  Suggest trying Debian kernel.

The dmesg output might show the problem since the kernel doesn't crash.

Dave

--
John David Anglin  dave.anglin@xxxxxxxx