Re: Happy New Year PARISC (take 2)

On 28-Feb-12, at 5:56 PM, Domenico Andreoli wrote:

I applied this patch to v3.3-rc5 and then tried to build eglibc 2.13-27,
unsuccessfully. Do you have any patch for it?

I have 2.13-26 installed on my home system. I plan to build 2.13-27 soon.

Attached are my glibc patch set. You need to remove hppa/local-stack- grows-up.diff with quilt and then import the changes below in order. Each patch must be pushed after import.

However, there are some pre-dependencies. I believe that you should build the current version of binutils with the attached two changes. They are in the upstream sources but I don't believe they are in the debian source yet. You also may need to update gcc to the latest unstable version of 4.4 (build might have switched to 4.6 branch). I now build almost everything else with 4.6.2.

For installation, I believe that perl and some dependent libraries need updating. Otherwise, the
install will break perl.

If you get that far, you will resolve many thread related problems. If you use udev, it should
then be possible to update.

If you get in trouble, there are many .debs in my /dave/home/archives directory on shirka.esiee.fr. If you don't have access to this system, possibly Thibaut can provide an account. These can help
you revert or resolve dependencies.

Dave
--
John David Anglin	dave.anglin@xxxxxxxx