Re: decommissioning parisc-linux.org

On 11-Feb-12, at 5:12 PM, Thibaut VARENE wrote:

Erm, it appears I didn't make myself clear: I'm willing to provide the
/hardware/ for buildd setup, but I certainly do not have time to tend
to routine buildd maintenance, as I've mentioned already. I understood
that at some point Carlos wanted to handle that part, but from what I
gather, he's also busy so it's probably not happening. I agree we need
someone to take care of the buildds, but I'm afraid it cannot be me.

I understand.  I'm willing to take care of the buildds, and do whatever
porting and patches that need doing as I can.  What I meant is that
you have to be in charge of system security as impacts the cluster
as a whole.  In particular, I think you will have to be involved in the
firewall setup.

I wasn't asking you to support the general system updates or buildd maintenance.

I will try to setup the autobuilders and hopefully Dann can answer any
questions that might arise. The big question is the is the upload process
which I'm totally unfamiliar with.  There is also the security updates.

I don't know how busy Carlos is at the moment and whether he is still interested
in helping.  I know he gets impossible projects from time to time.

Dave
--
John David Anglin	dave.anglin@xxxxxxxx