Re: Happy New Year PARISC (take 2)

Reposting as vger is anal about mail format...

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 10:45 PM, John David Anglin
<dave.anglin@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I believe both versions fix the minifail bug and some thread related bugs
> seen in the perl, python and git testsuites.  However, there are still more
> thread related bugs to fix.
>
> The minifail bug is fixed by the TLB purge added to ptep_set_wrprotect,
> and flushing the `from' page in copy_user_page (kmap version).  The
> tmpalias version doesn't need this flush, but the `to' page needs to be
> flushed.  So, both versions have about the same flush requirements.
>
> This version fixes the math emulation bug that I reported, but I have
> another one that I haven't tracked down.

That's awesome news!

If you want write access to the wiki to update e.g. this page
http://wiki.parisc-linux.org/TestCases I'd be more than happy to add
your account to the ACL.

> It would be great if someone else could test the change on something other
> than a rp3440.  The cache issues are very subtle.  If the results are positive,
> I will break up the patch and formally submit it.

Well I have an a500-5x (PA8600) that's doing nothing, but I really
don't have time to do any kind of testing now or in the near future.
I'd be happy to provide access to the hardware tho.

HTH

T-Bone

--
Thibaut VARENE