Re: DT GPMC SRAM and NOR flash support ?

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 6:08 PM, Ezequiel Garcia <elezegarcia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Jon,
>
> Yet more questions :-) See below...
>
> On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 7:07 PM, Jon Hunter <jon-hunter@xxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>> You don't need this extra entry if you add "simple-bus" to
>> the gpmc node compatible string.
>>
>> +               gpmc: gpmc@6800a000 {
>> +                       compatible = "ti,omap2420-gpmc", "simple-bus";
>> +                       ti,hwmods = "gpmc";
>> +                       reg = <0x6800a000 0x1000>;
>> +                       interrupts = <20>;
>> +
>
> This "simple-bus" trick is great and very clean!
>
> I'm working on a new driver, similar to gpmc, called device-bus for Marvell SoC.
> One remarkable difference is that I need to *setup* the address space
> (sort of allocate the address region) for a child device, before I can
> access it.
>
> Using simple-bus is a very clean solution. However I'm facing a strange issue:
> the child (physmap driver) probe() is being called *before* the parent
> (device-bus driver)
> probe(), and so the flash device address space cannot get accessed because
> it hasn't been setup yet.

Ok, now I think I understand that my problem has nothing to do with simple-bus,
but instead related to the driver probing order.

The physmap driver is just being probed before the device bus driver, and so it
won't work.

Now: is there any clean solution?
--
    Ezequiel