Re: Compile err when enable CONFIG_SND_OMAP_SOC_OMAP_HDMI

On 05/31/2012 09:31 AM, Tomi Valkeinen wrote:
> It's true that there's a commit range where the asoc stuff doesn't
> compile, and I agree that it's not good. But you need to explicitly
> enable the HDMI ASOC support to get the error.

You can still hit the build breakage by randconfig or if it's enabled by
default in the future and you start bisecting with that config old kernel.

>> It's quite boring to try to bisect over multiple kernel versions and
>> where most of the time goes solving random unrelated build breakages.
>
> How to get arm/arm/, omapdss, omapdrm and asoc driver changes in at the
> same time? All go through various different trees and maintainers. I
> haven't found a solution for this. If you have good ideas, please share
> =).

One simple - wait for next merge window. It's not that long. Only ~3
months and meanwhile one could keep boss/customer/wife/whatever
satisfied by carrying patches in own tree :-)

--
Jarkko