Re: Compile err when enable CONFIG_SND_OMAP_SOC_OMAP_HDMI

On Thu, 2012-05-31 at 08:41 +0300, Jarkko Nikula wrote:
> On 05/31/2012 02:35 AM, Ricardo Neri wrote:
> > Build breaks because there some patches [1] that are still missing in
> > Linus' tree. ASoC HDMI audio driver for OMAP[2] now uses the new DSS
> > audio functionality in [1], but ASoC patches were merged first. DSS
> > patches have been accepted and they are part of Tomi's pull request for
> > DSS for K3.5. Hopefully this will be fixed when v3.5-rc1 is out.
> >
> Then there was an error already in the process if dependent sets didn't
> go together via the same merge or in next merge window. Remember each
> commit must compile alone.

They are going in in the same merge window. The asoc stuff has been
already merged, but the omapdss stuff hasn't.

It's true that there's a commit range where the asoc stuff doesn't
compile, and I agree that it's not good. But you need to explicitly
enable the HDMI ASOC support to get the error.

> It's quite boring to try to bisect over multiple kernel versions and
> where most of the time goes solving random unrelated build breakages.

How to get arm/arm/, omapdss, omapdrm and asoc driver changes in at the
same time? All go through various different trees and maintainers. I
haven't found a solution for this. If you have good ideas, please share
=).

 Tomi