Re: Panda: USB crash with today's linux-next

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 11:37:43AM -0700, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> * Tony Lindgren <tony@xxxxxxxxxxx> [120514 11:19]:
> > * Felipe Balbi <balbi@xxxxxx> [120514 11:04]:
> > >
> > > That whole MMC card detection is also pretty screwed up. Balaji/Venkat,
> > > can you guys look into that ? Probably making something generic using a
> > > threaded IRQ handler ?
> > >
> > > I mean, all the MMC core should need is an IRQ number (through GPIOs or
> > > not doesn't/shouldn't matter) and it should be able to use a threaded
> > > IRQ handler to kick the card detection/initialization.
> >
> > That's mostly done.. Just need to update the patches for it.
>
> Mostly done meaning "all the MMC core should need is an IRQ number"
> part that is :)

but you've done it for omap_hsmmc.c, right ? What I meant is that the
whole card detection should be done at the MMC framework level.

I mean, if we tell MMC core what's the card detect IRQ number, it should
be able to implement a generic version of omap_hsmmc_detect(). All that
thing does is read the current gpio status number and call
mmc_detect_change().

mmc_detect_change() then kicks a delayed work, which shouldn't be needed
because omap_hsmmc_detect() (or the generic of it) is already using a
threaded IRQ.

--
balbi